Wednesday, 22 February 2017
W.A.L.T distinguish between relevant and irrelevant ideas for my purpose, distinguish between relevant and irrelevant ideas for my Kenning Poem
I was able to use detail to change my irrelevant ideas to make relevant ideas.
I was able to edit my work to make my writing ore about me.
Next time I can use more WOW words and detail so I can write more.
Walt : display data on histogram, tally chartWalt : interpret information from histograms and tally marks eg. medium, mode, range, mean
We got this information from the scramble scores in our welcome post.
I was able to do the mode easily the mode was the easiest. For me the mean was the hardest. I think I need to improve on mean and medium.
- The mode for the first name scores was 8.
- The mode for the last name were 11
- The mode for the full name scores was 22
- The Range for the first name scores 4-20
- The Range for the last name scores 2-21
- The Range for the full name scores was 9-31
The mode is the most common number the most popular. The mean is another word for average. The median is is when you put the numbers in order from least to greatest and circle the number or numbers in the middle
The Smart frog video helped a lot. At first I did not know what mean median and mode where before this.
Next time would like to do this again but collecting different Data.
Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Walt : use different spelling patterns and strategies to increase my word knowledge.
There are 45 letters sounds in the English language. Sometimes these sounds are made by one letter and sometimes they are a made by a group of letters together. Learning these letter sounds will help me spell unknown tricky words and increase my word knowledge.
Friday, 10 February 2017
Friday, 3 February 2017
This year I am feeling exited because we are going to camp and we have a new way of learning called PB4L and all the new opportunities like House Captain, Pier Mediator...
My goals this year are...
- To get 100 gold ticks
- To receive the Carolyn Osborne Trophy
- to become a pier Mediator
- To get the sportsmanship award
Thursday, 2 February 2017
Walt : use advanced punctuation
We have learning how to use bullet points correctly in my 10 Things About Me slideshow. I learnt you need to :
- Place the bullet point in the margin.
- Use a capital letter after the bullet point.
- If you have written a sentence, end it with a punctuation eg. fullstop.
- Bullet points are used to create lists.
- Find the bullet points icon on the right hand side at top of the tool bar called bullet lists.
- You have to be in a text box to find the bullet points
Next time I will try and use bullet points in more of writing.
Can you guess which of my information is true and which is a lie ?